Reedholm Systems is continuing life, support, and industry -proven measurement instrumentation through component modernization. The DMM-16-SMT is the first of the Reedholm instruments to undergo this upgrade which will provide seamless integration into existing equipment and allow support of the architecture well into the future…
- Supply of direct replacement components is becoming unfeasible due to the component life cycle and package availability (through-hole).
- Surface mount manufacturing will bring instrumentation in line with modern processes and procedures.
- Design DMM-16 with direct functional replacement hardware.
- Validate backwards compatibility with Reedholm software, calibration, diagnostics and measurement tools.
- Update software only as needed to support hardware integration.
How it Works
- Integrate modern, surface-mount components that replicate the measurement performance of existing tools.
- Validate performance and compatibility across multiple tool sets and range of measurements.
- Demonstrate long-term stability across temperature and operational conditions to match or exceed existing performance.
- New instrumentation design will be available as a direct replacement for existing hardware to allow seamless upgrade and minimal down-time.
- Greater hardware availability.
- Existing support from component vendors of contemporarily sourced components.
Sourcing modern components using SMT processing technologies will deliver superior performance and reliability.
Components, design elements, and interfaces are being designed to deliver equal or better performance than existing tools. No shortcuts for cost or size means no expected loss in measurement continuity between old and new instruments.
Modern SMT components with equal or better device performance will yield a system that will deliver superior net measurement capability.
New parts are widely available with long expected lifetimes to allow new instruments to be designed, built, and supported without concern of component sourcing or availability.
A sustainable manufacturing capability with modern components will expand to the balance of the Reedholm instruments over time.